Caisse Tea Blend 90g - Rene Caisse Traditional Tea MixSKU110 £12.90
Our Caisse Tea
Caisse Tea is a blend of four herbs from which an infusion is made. This packet will make a total of 9 litres before straining. The herbs are blended according to Rene Caisse’s Formula.
- 24 parts chopped Burdock Root (Arctium lappa)
- 16 parts fine cut Sheep Sorrel (Rumex acetosella)
- 4 parts powdered inner bark of Slippery Elm (Ulmus rubra)
- 1 part powdered Turkey Rhubarb Root (Rheum palmatum)
Caisse Tea - Directions for Brewing
Thoroughly mix the contents of the two packages in the packet.
• Use an enamel, glass or stainless steel vessel with a close-fitting lid.
• Bring 1.5 litres of bottled still spring water to boil.
• Stir in 15g of the Caisse mixture, replace the lid and boil for 10 minutes.
• Remove from the heat.
• Stir thoroughly, scraping down the sides of the pot.
• Cover and allow to cool for 10-12 hours, or overnight.
• Reheat to a steaming point but do not re-boil.
• Allow the herbs to settle for a few minutes.
• Strain through a stainless steel sieve into a jug.
• Pour into sterilised bottles.
• Expect some sediment at the bottom of the bottles.
• Seal the bottles to produce an airtight seal.
• Cool quickly by standing the bottles in tepid water.
Caisse Tea - Storage
The bottles are best stored in a fridge, but a cool dark place is likely to be sufficient.
If the tea develops mould, throw it away and do not use it.
Do not microwave.
The tea should be pale to mid brown, or occasionally greenish.
The texture should be very slightly viscous, not oily.
The taste should be pleasantly mild with a slightly woody flavour.